This week’s meeting saw a great turn out of nine people. We started the meeting with a punctuation workshop written by our secretary John. A separate post about the workshop will be posted later this week.
The news from this week was:
- This Monday the Howden Park Centre are holding a World Book Night.
- West Lothian’s New Writing Magazine is asking people to write up to 50 words about/inspired by/set in Livingston and email them to email@example.com. Selection of the writings will appear in an online collection. You have till the 20th of July.
- On the 29th of May West Lothian Writers will be inviting David Bishop to give a workshop on how the essentials of storytelling apply to all media – films, television, radio, computer games, novels and comics.
- Anne mentioned that Kohl Publishing are looking for new smart, sassy fiction aimed at women in their 20s and 30s. (Novels I think!) If you are interested send your whole book as an attachment, and in the body of your email, include a short bio of yourself, and a short (200 words) blurb for the book to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Finally at the start of our next meeting we will be holding our AGM. Come along and find out what we did last year, how you can get involved in the committee and eat cake! If you want more information standing for Chair, Treasurer or Secretary (or what they do!) please email WLWriters@gmail.com
Due to the punctuation workshop only two pieces were read tonight.
Book of Learner’s Woes – Norman read a chapter of his non fiction book all about learning to drive. Tonight he discuss the topic of practise.
Gender Based Violence – Anne asked for views about an idea she had for writing a radio play about gender based violence.